Ninja Revolution: New Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ninja Revolution: New Beginnings

One hundred and fifty-five years after the death of the sage of six paths, the world is growing and new evils and challenges lurk on the horizon.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Staff Listings

Founder: Kosuke
Admin: Angalito
Admin:
Moderator: Hiro Nara
Moderator:
Trial Mod:
Jinchuriki Listings

Ichibi:Hirotsugu Matsudo
Nibi:
Sanbi:Voltaire
Yonbi:Kozura
Gobi:
Rokubi:
Nanabi:
Hachibi:
Kyubi: Kirei Uchiha
Kage Listings

Hokage: Amaya Fumetsu
Mizukage: Senjiro Nara
Kazekage: Kiseragi Hyūga
Tsukikage: None
Latest topics
» Gladius RP
Mission: Find a Cat EmptyMon Jun 29, 2020 7:12 am by Ruvadric

» Shinobi Generations Rebirth!
Mission: Find a Cat EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 3:13 pm by Shinobi Generations

» Sword Art Online: Renegade Throne
Mission: Find a Cat EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 am by Kosuke

» Shinobi Conquest!
Mission: Find a Cat EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:34 am by Rei

» Gladius - a Naruto rpg (Year 2)
Mission: Find a Cat EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 7:51 pm by Ryuko

» Fate/Seihai Sensou
Mission: Find a Cat EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 12:35 am by Fate RP

» A Sad Goodbye...
Mission: Find a Cat EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 9:09 pm by Kosuke

»  Corrupt a Wish ☆彡
Mission: Find a Cat EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am by Belial

» Amnesty
Mission: Find a Cat EmptySun Sep 23, 2018 11:47 pm by Hiroshige

Top posters
Kosuke
Mission: Find a Cat Vote_lcapMission: Find a Cat Voting_barMission: Find a Cat Vote_rcap 
Shin
Mission: Find a Cat Vote_lcapMission: Find a Cat Voting_barMission: Find a Cat Vote_rcap 
angalito
Lucifer
Rei
Raiden
Okita
Vizer
Kozai
Senjiro Nara
Top posting users this week
No user

Mission: Find a Cat

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,
Tier: C-2
Clan: Nibi

Mission: Find a Cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyWed Jan 24, 2018 10:13 pm

Kiigan trudged through the town square as well, looking crankier than usual. He could have done without the scoffing at the assignment office. That guy seemed to think somehow age had something to do with cat catching skills, and that he was pathetic for failing the first time as a full fledged man. Even assigned a second person to it, as if more salt needed to be rubbed in the wound in his pride. If it was so easy, why didn't he go do it himself?! Cats were fast and had better hearing than he did, so once one heard him coming, there was no way he could catch up. That guy was lucky he needed the ryo for rent, otherwise he'd have busted him in the mouth...

Lost in his inner thoughts about the office guy as well as getting hyped about catching that cat now that he could move silently, he bumped shoulders with someone in the mist. He stumbled, then whirled to gripe at whoever it was even though it was his fault, only to find a familiar face. The shock registered first, followed by silence, followed by outrage. He raised a slightly shaky finger, pointing it at her intensely. "You..." he grumbled. "It's you," he repeated, lowering the finger and inhaling.

"What the heck?! Why did you try to kill me with that stupid hag fox?! I'm still spitting ink!" he demanded, looming over her and the weird little fox on her head. Was that thing able to transform into Sodai-whatever? He could feel the hairs raising on the back of his neck, even as Matatabi tried to hush him.

Last edited by Kiigan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 am

Kiigan clamped his mouth shut. Whatever reaction he'd been anticipating, if he'd even thought that far ahead, wasn't this one. He stood in awkward silence, just dumbly staring at her as she sobbed and tried to explain. Even though he was pretty sure he had a right to be angry and know what was going on, he felt like the bad guy here. And boy did he know what being the bad guy was like, since it seemed to be his favorite persona. However, unlike usual, this hit him right in the gut, making him extremely uncomfortable....as were the glances they were receiving from passersby.

"Er.." he started, retracting the accusatory finger and becoming much less imposing. This girl had successfully disarmed him, whether that was her intention or not. "H-Hey...stop crying," he tried to soothe. "If you didn't mean to, then.. fine. Just...calm down," he fumbled, wracking his brain for her name. "June?" the jinchuriki asked, trying to get her attention from behind her hands. Hopefully he was right about her name, but either way he extended his hand to help her up. You know, before someone flogged him because they misread the situation.
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyThu Jan 25, 2018 11:42 pm

The red-head had been just about to try to understand what June was rambling about when he, too, was distracted by the nearing group of weirdos. "What the actual f--" the rest of the statement died somewhere within the ridiculous rapping, though the intent of the words remained cemented on his face. It was one of those moments in time when things are far too stupid and surprising to fully comprehend so standing in wide-eyed silence is the most logical action.

Once they finally started to leave, Kiigan watched them for a moment in confusion before starting to turn back to June, only to whirl back toward the crew of idiots as they started a new song. For some unexplained reason, now the man seemed enraged, fully ready to chase the rappers down. "HEY! What'd you say about Usaki?!" he roared. How dare they say such things about Usaki?! He knew her well, and she was hot and experienced and had always treated him very well...not considering the implications of his own thoughts, he was just about to go beat them up when he heard a strange phrase behind him. As dumb as it seemed, it yanked his attention away from the Exposition boys and back to the task at hand. One they seemed to share...

"Find a cat...?" he asked, quirking a brow. It sank in. "You're the other person assigned to this?"
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 12:50 am

"...or just one cat," Kiigan supplied flatly, sliding his hands into his pockets and stepping around her. He started off toward the path out of the town square. "Well, off to the outskirts where stupid stray cats hide in the trees and crap," he sighed. To him, having someone like her with him actually damaged his chances of catching a cat. She didn't even have a vote of confidence for herself, so why should he think any different.

"Obviously cats are very perceptive and fast. Neither of us can catch one if we tip them off before the grab. Stealth and silence is key. Can you do that?" he asked, tossing a look back at her. If he failed this again, he was giving up. Facing that guy in the office with anything less than a victory was not a thing his pride would allow. "I know how to move in complete silence now. If you see a cat, quietly point it out and I'll sneak up on it, okay?" he asked, trying to make sure she understood. This was a mission a twelve year old could do. From his judgement, she was around his age. An adult. Surely they could get this kid a freaking cat.
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 1:44 am

"Wha-- HUH!?" exclaimed the mad, caught off guard that she said it so soon. He caught a glimpse of it as it sped by...was that the same one that got away from him? Arguably they all looked the same to him because he only cared to notice the color, but that didn't stop him from renewing his vendetta for this stupid animal that made him look like a fool in the face of the mission registrar.

There was no chance for him to even reach down to try and grab it. In a flash, it was gone and June was gaining on it. No way! She was fast! Even as he chased after them, he could barely track them, and that's because the cat did start a weave pattern once it noticed June. That slowed them both down. "You have got to be kidding me!" he roared, trying for a path that would be straight and fast for him, while the cat tried to shake June. "I hate cats," Kiigan grumbled.

It seemed the frustrating feline had grown bored already and was looking to escape into the bushes. Grinning evilly, Kiigan used some of his new blue fire and lobbed a fireball into the bush right in front of the animal, halting its dash to freedom. As it skidded to a stop to change directions, yowling in surprise and fear, Kiigan ran up and stooped to grab it, only for it to not be there. "Do these things have springs in their feet?!" he cried, as the cat had somehow launched up at a slight angle and was clinging to a tree trunk. "AGH!"
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 5:31 pm

The man cringed as he was certain she'd crash into the fire he'd set. That'd have been a really terrible first use of his new power, burning his mission partner and horribly disfiguring her while simply trying to catch a cat for a child. Thankfully, the formerly useless seeming ball of fur she had with her saved her with some sort of fur jutsu. Crisis averted.

But now she simply tried to climb a tree and failed. "How did you become a genin?" Kiigan asked, though it was unclear whether he meant to speak the question out loud. He stared at her for a moment, then refocused on the task and ran at the tree. He ran straight up with no trouble using Tree Climbing Practice. Once he neared the cat, of course it took off jumping from branch to branch on other trees, so Kiigan followed. If only he was faster...

"Yo! Can that furball of yours do what it did for you to this dumb cat?" he asked, lunging at the animal that clumsily scampered to the next branch. As Kiigan followed, he was so consumed with the animal that he ended up getting whipped by a brach full of leaves to the face. "AUGH!"
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 12:39 am

Kiigan busted out of the forest like a mad man, covered in scratches from the haphazardly growing branches and twigs. Chest heaving, the man tried to catch his breath but wasted no time closing in on the cat, and subsequently June. "We fry and eat the freakin' thing..." he growled, eyes bright with hatred and rage toward the tiny beast, which only stared back with innocent and defeated eyes. Matatabi was both amused by Kiigan and sympathetic to their furry victim.

Once he'd calmed a little, he reached into his pouch and produced something tightly wound. In one slick motion, a sack unfurled and he held it open. "Put the demon in here," scowled the jinchuriki, also armed with extra rope in case tying it up was also needed.

His eyes switched from the animal to the girl holding it, appraisingly like when they met. After a few seconds, they squinted incredulously. This girl who managed to basically accidentally (as he understood it) pass academy without learning most of the required skills, caught the cat. June caught it. It pissed him off. Chalking it up to a fluke, he spoke again. "Listen, if you're trying to make something of yourself as a ninja and do missions, you need to learn basic crap. I did my worst at academy, but still learned how to climb a tree and walk on water. If you get assigned with other people, they're going to expect you not to drag them down." Ugh, that tasted like he cared about being a ninja.
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 4:13 am

Kiigan despondently watched the cat, ecstatic to avoid the bag, scamper away as fast as its paws could take it. Seriously. She let it go. They were that close to being done, and she let it go. Just so she could yell at him. His temper flared and the bag ignited into blue flame, promptly burning to nothing and honestly startling him out of his own anger. He turned his gaze back to the angry woman, finding it odd that he was still standing here and taking it. That same twist in his gut from earlier returned, and though he didn't know what it meant, it felt uncomfortable. But she wasn't even crying like before--no, wait, there were the waterworks. That made it worse.

"Alright, alright," he relented, holding his hands up in a desperate bid to calm her down, or at least halt her speech. She wasn't looking at him, but whatever. "I get it. I don't know you and your story and your struggles, and it was none of my business to harp at you about it. I just hate this mission and it put me in a bad mood, and since you were so fast if you could've climbed a tree you'd have gotten this over with easily," he started, trying to keep his voice calm.

"But to be fair, you don't know me either. You also don't deserve judge me. You don't deserve to see my struggles like greener grass. Everybody's got problems! Neither of us is special. I didn't ask for this, and I don't want it. I can't get rid of it, because it'll kill me and probably a bunch of other people. With this demon cat came a whole bunch of crap, all because someone thought it'd be cool to shove it into a newborn. A jinchuriki is nothing more to anyone than a weapon for a village to hold over another one's head. No one sees a person, all they see is potential. I'm a screw up and I worked pretty darn hard to be one, just so I'm not someone's tool. I don't want to be a ninja, I just need the money so I don't lose my home, and maybe so I can eat. So, June, if I could give you all this potential and power so you could make friends with it, I would! Maybe if you learn to seal it, you can kill me and take it for yourself." Now he was clenching his fists at his side.

"But excuse me for not being psychic and sensing that you have low self esteem. From where I'm standing, you're way faster than me, and you can summon a fox to help you. I was surprised, and thought I'd offer some advice, maybe even show you how later. But if trying to be helpful in my own way and wanting to put the cat that got me made fun of in a breathable sack offends you that deeply, then I'm sorry!" He finished, glaring at the back of her head. She had him so worked up, he pulled out a flask and drained it. That was the last of it. His cigarettes and his alcohol were officially gone until he could catch this animal and get a little bit of ryo, and sadly the booze didn't numb whatever this knotted feeling in his gut was.
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 6:14 pm

That wasn't the first time he'd been called that. This one hurt a little more than usual. Frankly, he was confused as to what he'd done to make her so upset. "I have been shoved in small, dark places against my will..." he muttered. There she was going again, saying things she didn't know anything about like she was allowed to but he wasn't. How was that fair?

"Your communication skills have always been bad, child," Matatabi spoke, grabbing his attention.

"But she said I have no right...she has no right either! How am I the only one at fault here?"

"Sometimes it is not about whose fault it is. That line of thinking it why you have no friends. Sometimes you must sacrifice your pride. If you do not learn these lessons, you will never control me. You cannot form relationships with anyone this way," the nibi insisted.

"I don't see what that has to do with any--"

"BUT IT DOES!" the Wraith flared, causing Kiigan to flinch. "IT IS EVERYTHING! If you do not start taking me seriously, I will loosen this seal and free myself! Do not forget who I am! I will not always be so lenient if you keep going this way. I will take your hatred and control you instead!" the demon cat roared, displaying a blood thirst and darkness the man had never encountered before. "What will you do?"

"HEY! ....wait." he called in a shaky but desperate voice. He went after her a bit, his body in a cold sweat. He was pretty pale, too. "Please. I'm..not good with people. You're right! You're right. I'm...I'm sorry!" he rushed out. It was sincere, if not odd sounding through the fear that had no context to her.

"BOW, KITTEN!"

Kiigan stopped and bowed. "Can you...try to understand me? I'll try not to be a dick!"
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 10:59 pm

"You are justified..being mad at me," he said on his own, unprompted by the nibi. "I can take that," he continued, taking a few more moments to remain bowed before hesitantly raising back up to glance at her. "Matatabi put something in perspective, you could say," he answered, not wanting to offer more. He didn't know what would tick her off, so admitting that he'd been threatened with death seemed off the table.

"I..uh...yeah. I'll got get a cat," Kiigan awkwardly sputtered, then moved off into the woods, his movements completely silent with the Silent Killing technique. His mind whirled as he moved, staying alert for the cats while also sorting through stuff. He was angry in general. Always judged, always misunderstood, always forced into situations he didn't want to be in...and now Matatabi was being weirder than usual about him needing to make friends. How would friends help him control this thing? It was a mystery to him, but it seemed he didn't have a choice. That was a running theme in his life.

After a while, he finally came across several cats sharing a fish. With his silence, they didn't detect him. The smell of the fish masked his own scent. This was perfect!

The bushes rustled near June as Kiigan emerged, pretty scratched up, but clutching not one, but three furballs in his arms, one of which was a small black kitten. He seemed out of breath and tired, plus there was some smoke rising in the distance, but he'd won. "Three....like you wanted..." he huffed, one cat starting to claw him again in attempts to escape one last time. "OWW!"
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 11:32 pm

It was comical how scratched up he was, some bleeding and some just puffy and red. "I think I'm a little allergic...they itch," he complained, the cats starting to scratch and attempt to escape his arms again. "Ow! HEY!" he yelped, tightening his arms enough to make sure they couldn't wiggle free, but not enough to hurt them. The kitten mewed loudly, though didn't put up much of a fight.

"These guys are evil. Don't they know that they'll get a home with free food everyday and someone to love them? They don't even have to pay rent," Kiigan griped. "Feel free to carry one. You just said three earlier, so I thought it was better safe than sorry..." That was a bit awkward, but he couldn't very well tell her that he went out of his way to smooth things over because Matatabi was pretty set on him forming some sort of relationship with someone, and June just happened to be the lucky one nearby at the time.

"Very good, Kitten," the nibi purred, momentarily satisfied.

"Stop calling me that!" Kiigan growled, but she didn't feel like responding.

"We should get these back, right? There are more missions to do...more money to make..." he said after a moment, looking toward the misty town. Would this be his life now? A career shinobi?
Back to top Go down
Kiigan

Kiigan

Ninja I.D,

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat EmptyThu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 am

Mission 2:

Kiigan, still covered in inflamed, thin wounds, grunted at the man who forced the paper on him. After glaring for a moment, he took a second to open the paper as they walked outside the building. He gazed at it for a long moment, then turned it slightly to the right, then to the left. The man hesitantly paused outside the door and cleared his throat, a sweat drop forming on his brow. Looking up, he scanned the area and all the branching paths, in the dark as to which one to take. Directions were not his forte. He got lost in town all the time. This is the very reason he didn't take this mission to begin with, even though it would have been cake compared to catching the feline demons of the mist. He knew his own limits and thought he'd have a better time with cats. He'd failed the cat one once, but this one he'd fail forever on his own.

Promptly giving up, he turned to June and held out both hands, one empty and one with the paper. "Er, here, take the directions. I'll carry that bowl for you," he said, doing his best not admit his inadequacy. You know, because of pride. Let her think he wanted to carry the heavy thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission: Find a Cat   Mission: Find a Cat Empty

Back to top Go down

Mission: Find a Cat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next